Thursday 25 February 2016

The Boss

I'm partial to a bit of Springsteen, particularly The Rising album. I'm also partial to Great Black-backed Gulls! I don't tend to see many loafing around at Old Moor whilst sketching, so this adult was a welcome change. Impressive beasties, these, and I very recently spent a few hours sketching an obliging 3rd winter bird. Anyway, this particular bird occupied its bit of island for most of the day, and nothing much else came within a few feet of it. Wonder why! I've always tried to keep things simple, as advised by the late, great John Busby and often failed so from my next post onwards I've made a conscious effort to do just that. I want to get in to the illustration game and feel that spending longer than necessary is complicating things. Another learning piece, this one, and hopefully another step forward.
Thanks for looking
Russ
                                 Field study of adult GBBG, Old Moor, 23rd January 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment