Wednesday 10 February 2016

Balance!

One of my favourite common subjects in a pose I couldn't resist! This bird conveniently took up a one-legged stance just in front of the family hide at Old Moor. The challenge was to tackle the fore-shortening effect of a near head-on pose. Not perfect but then I've long since abandoned this quest; I may as well buy a camera and big lens! Anyway, it was typical grey and wet December afternoon and I'd just dipped the visiting Waxwing. This task soon had me forgetting about that, though!
A nice contrast between the warm tones of the wooden perch, the subtle greys of the bird and the cold blue of grey tones of the water. Artist speak or bxxxxxxt!
Thanks for looking
Russ

                Study of resting Common Gull (and crap ducks), Old Moor - sometime in December

No comments:

Post a Comment